Safeway E-coupons, Printable, Store Coupon: FAQ, Guide and Clarification

by Lee on March 23, 2010 · 12 comments

Like what you see? Get Daily Updates by E-mail, Read in a Feed Reader, or follow with Facebook or Twitter. Check back often for Daily Posts!

All of you dear ladies have prompted me to do this investigative work here, LOL! Here’s the low-down on the Safeway Coupon Site. There are two choices with Safeway e-coupons (Note: Safeway e-coupon site is different than the other e-coupon sites. My advice: load everything you could to your club card!

1. Printable coupons
  2. E-coupons you load to your Safeway club-card

Printable Safeway Coupons

Option 1 (Printable Coupons) When you first click the Safeway Coupon Site., you”ll see a screen like the left, where it says Printable Savings! You can “Add” the coupons, and click “Print” (above)

Load To Card Safeway E-Coupon

Option 2 (Load to Club-Card) You can also chose to load the coupons to your card, click “Load to Card” at the Left Coupon Center and this screen will come up: At this point, you can Sign Up for an account or Login.

After E-coupons are added

After which you could “add” the coupons to your club card, like here, it shows on the left under Coupon Center, that I added 28 coupons, with a total (unrealized) savings of $34.5. You can click the “What’s On My Card” button to see what’s on your club card.

Tip: I’m always cautious myself, but just in case, I’d Log Out, and Log back in to make sure the coupons are there

For those of us who shop at Safeway often, I hope this clarifies how Safeway e-coupon/printable coupon works! The e-coupon includes not only Safeway coupon, but manufacturer’s e-coupons as well, just like the other E-coupons that (by now!) you should already be familiar with, right :)

Please let me know your experience with their system – the duel e-coupon/printable coupon seems to be new, let’s help each other out here!

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mixx
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Related posts:

1. P&G e-coupon: Safeway Free Tide Stain Release
  2. E-Coupons FAQ: How and When to Use
  3. New Printable Kelloggs Coupons (Corn Pops+) – Safeway Catalina?

{ 12 comments }

1 tina March 23, 2010 at 11:13 am

Yay! I’m not going crazy lol :)

2 tina March 23, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I used the Huggie e-coupon and it worked!

3 Nicole March 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Hi Tina-
Were you able to use it along with a paper one?

4 Tina March 23, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Yes Nicole I was!

5 Nicole March 24, 2010 at 7:12 am

One last question Tina, did you have to use your actual club card or did you just enter your phone number? I’m debating on If I should just apply for a new card since I have no idea where mine is and I always use my phone number!

6 Lee March 24, 2010 at 8:32 am

Nicole, I know for my card, my home phone number was associated with another card of another person (You’d see the name of the card holder in your receipt.. I have no idea which phone number I used to register my Safeway card, to tell the truth lol). I only realized why my e-coupons didn’t register after I used my phone number.
To be safe it’s always better to use the actual card number. I’m not sure whether the various e-coupon systems register the phone number associated with your card number.
Also Nicole, I added this in my E-Coupon FAQ link, there’s a table in cellfire’s FAQ (included in the post) which answered that question.

7 Lee March 24, 2010 at 8:35 am

Tina-I think the reason Safeway allows the use of paper and e-coupon is they can’t beat the drug store’s $1.49 Jumbo Huggies diapers (this week at Rite Aid) without doing that :)

8 tina March 24, 2010 at 9:38 am

I used my phone number and it worked. So far I have not had any problems with just entering my phone number versus giving them my actual card.

9 tina March 24, 2010 at 9:41 am

At Safeway the Huggies Little Swimmers are only $2.99 after the -$3 e coupon and -$3 printed coupon. I also bought a pack of Huggies Overnight’s in size 6 for $3.99 after the use of both coupons.

10 Julia @ The Frugal Find March 24, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Just a note, you’ll find that if you load the eCoupons on the Safeway website, they will show up as print limit reached if you try to then print them from coupons.com.

It will work in the case of the Huggies deal because there were other sources for the Huggies printable coupons. Personally I’d rather not have all my coupons tied up on my Safeway club card.

Does that make sense?

11 Tina March 24, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I wonder if it’s possible to add these coupons to the Safeway card after you’ve maxed out your printing at coupons.com?

12 tina May 5, 2010 at 8:43 am

My safeway e-coupons rarely work :(

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: